One of the most impressive natural products is jojoba oil. When it comes to the beauty industry and application, jojoba oil is like a magic potion, and just a few drops of it can go a long way in promoting hair and skin health.
What Is Jojoba Oil?
The liquid extract from the seeds of Simmondsia Chinensis (perennial shrub) is called jojoba oil. The reason why it’s so prevalent in cosmetics is its many benefits, and the fact that it has a long shelf life. The oil is rich in Vitamin C, B-Group Vitamins, copper, zinc, and other beauty-boosting ingredients.
7 Benefits of Jojoba Oil
Today, jojoba oil remains a popular ingredient in hair and skincare products, but alone, it’s a powerhouse for your clean beauty routine.
- Natural hydrator for both skin and hair – just like a facial moisturizer and leave-in conditioner, the oil should be applied as a final step to lock in water and any previously used products.
- Great against acne – jojoba can reduce skin oiliness and modulate the skin’s natural sebum production.
- Anti-Inflammatory product – inflammation is not skin’s best friend, and because jojoba oil is anti-inflammatory, it helps prevent and soothe skin conditions such as rosacea and eczema.
- Natural hair strengthener – not only does the oil help with hair loss, but it also prevents dryness, dandruff, and itchiness.
- Prevents razor burn – jojoba oil decreases the formation of wounds and speeds up the healing process. Combine this with the fact that the oil is highly moisturizing, softening the hair follicles, and you get a product that is a critical player in a flawless shave. A few drops before and after shaving is a good practice.
- Improves fine lines – because jojoba is rich in Vitamin E, it’s a great product that boosts elasticity and tightens the skin. Vitamin E is a nutrient that works as an antioxidant to strengthen the capillary walls in the skin.
- Organic makeup remover – most of the removing makeup wipes irritate and aren’t ECO-friendly. This is where jojoba oil comes to the resume as it’s not only effective but also environmentally friendly.